Friday, July 2, 2010

The Bible is About Me

Adam was created in God’s image. He is the only man to arrive on this planet without parents, childhood, family or friends. No wonder he wasn’t alone long. God created Adam to develop community and togetherness. As Adam, we long for intimate relationships with others. We are created to be together as family and friends.

We tend to overlook many of Adam’s accomplishments choosing to focus on his faults. He was the first zoologist, landscaper, horticulturist, general contractor, engineer, farmer, husband and father. Talk about responsibilities! He had to be a type A personality. Adam’s historical story is more than just the beginning of humanity. Theological implications are far reaching when Adam is discussed. More than the father of humanity or the man who brought sin into the world, Adam’s relevance to the Gospel message cannot be ignored. God’s redemptive plan is revealed in Adam’s life. As God made provision for Adam by covering him with animal skin, He covered us by shedding His blood for our salvation.

Genesis 1-5, I Chronicles 1:1, Luke 3:8, Romans 5:14, I Corinthians 15, I Timothy 2:13-14

In understanding Adam’s life story, I understand mine. The more I study his life the more consumed with the central message of scripture I become. The more consumed with the central redemptive truth of the Bible I become the more I realize about myself. Holy Cow, the Bible is about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment