Saturday, January 22, 2011

Births, Baptisms and Burials

Births, Baptisms and Burials ..... It seems as though those who are in ministry vocationally can become so consumed with "ministry" they forget their personal relationship with Christ. When I was a student minister, I told myself my relationship with Christ didn't suffer because I studied the Bible - but it was mostly in preparation for Bible studies or sermons. No big deal .... I prayed while leading our students in prayer! Isn't that enough?

We can become so wrapped up in Sunday School prep, small group leadership, hospital visits, etc. that our personal walk suffers because we are in the business of ministry. Guess what? This applies to non-vocational ministers, also! Remember, all Christians are called to ministry. So no matter what Christian activity you're involved with, make sure your personal relationship with Christ doesn't suffer.

Don't get wrapped up in the business of ministry that you forget Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment