Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spiritually Suicidal

My mind is troubled and disturbed because I’m easily distracted by deception and sin. I’ve declared war on my sin but that has only led to fatigue and gaping wounds spilling spiritual blood. The stench is unbearable. The wounds are too deep. Fighting seems useless. Then it occurred to me that becoming spiritually suicidal may be a better approach. I’ve taken the .44 from my heart and started picking off my sins one by one … attacking myself. My sins of unbelief, pride, selfishness, idolatry and arrogance are under attack by me. I’m killing myself with the Word of God.
In Paul’s day, he compared the Word to a sword. The sword was the offensive weapon of choice. Today, our offensive weapon of choice has to be a gun. So that must mean spiritually we are to allow the Holy Spirit within us to take out the sins that separate us from the Holiness of God. By blowing our sins away piece by piece God heals the wounds making us more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment