Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God is an Amateur

God is an amateur! That may sound contradictory with what you may think of God but I’m sure He is an amateur. Amateur comes from a Latin word amator, meaning to love. It was also adapted from the French word amare - simply meaning for the love of something. I’m sure you get it now. God is an amateur because He provided a way for us to reach Him because he loves us. Jesus Christ paid the penalty for our sin just for the love of something. He’s an amateur. God loves you just like you are but He loves you too much to leave you that way. I’m reminded of the Gospel song I’m a Nobody by the Williams Brothers. I think it came out in the early 80’s.

I’m just a nobody trying to tell everybody about somebody who can save anybody.
– Just for the love of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment