Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Had A Giant Hickey

Ok, I couldn't wait until tomorrow! Someone reminded me of a story from 13 years ago. I was student minister at a church in Port Arthur, TX and our daughter, Delaney was around 1. Like most fathers of little kids, I spend most of my time rolling on the floor playing with her toys. One particular day, we were playing and ... Have you ever seen one of those kids toys with the suction cups on one end? You know what I'm talking about. Delaney had one with some kind of rattle or ball on one end and a three inch suction cup from Hell on the other. At the time it seemed like a good idea to ... BTW, don't ever lick a suction cup. It gives them superhero type strength. I stuck the toy to my forehead and let Delaney play. It was only on my head for a minute or two before I realized I made a serious error in judgment. Have you ever seen a three inch hickey? There I was at church the next day, probably preaching, with a giant hickey on my forehead. Good news is it only lasted about a week. I felt better when some dude about 50 told me he did the same thing when his kid was about Delaney's age. Thanks for reminding me of another laugh at my expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment