Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Blank Page

I haven't posted anything in a couple days because I've started writing a new story. It may become another novel but right now it's only 12,000 words and has occupied my time. The best thing about starting a new story is the blank page or the next page. My favorite part of writing something new is looking at a ream of paper knowing the blank pages will soon come to life. For me, the blank page begs for total creativity - no boundaries - anything can happen.

I think life is like that. It unfolds before us as one blank page after another calling us to write our story. We all have a story to tell. While writing yours, remember to keep focused on what's eternally important. Jesus gave us an incredible gift in His Word, the most creatively written masterpiece of all time. Compiled over 1,000 years with I have forgotten how many different writers. I guess I could look that up but I bet you already have the point. He filled blank page after blank page with His Word! Isn't that incredible? His story is one written with extravagant love.

Tell someone your story - a story of love, forgiveness and acceptance from the ultimate writer.

II John 12 ... until then, I will write.

No comments:

Post a Comment