Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Amateur Poetry

I'm posting a few poems I've written the past couple months. I hope you enjoy the ramblings of an obviously amateur poet.


Draw Near

I sit alone and wish you were here.
My heart tells me it is now clear,
That I alone must face my fear.
I shed a tear, because I long for you to draw near.

You’ve been there for me through all I have faced.
Now, I want you to have a taste
Of what life is like when you are embraced.

You have captured my soul and taught me to play,
You have even taken my breath away.
I long for the day when you kiss my hand,
And live beside me as we take a stand.



The following poem was written on Inauguration Day. I hope my democratic friends take this in just as it is not intended to offend.

The New Zoo

I’d like this poem to make you laugh,
So you should think of a giraffe,
As our new president’s chief of staff.

Yes, indeed we will be led by a zoo,
With leaders who like to chew and moo.
You know I’m right, they don’t have a clue
Because all of them are full of doo-doo.



Free

Anxious tonight
‘Cause tomorrow will be bright.
Free from the night
That had blinded my sight.
What I see now is love from above.
From my eyes to my heart,
You have loved me from the start.



Leap

I don’t know how to play the game.
But I do know how to fan the flame,
Of a love that’s grown so deep.
Are you ready to take the leap?
If we jump together,
We will float like a feather.
Until we safely land
In each other’s hand.



Your Breath

Vampires and mummies scare me to death
But nothing compares to your breath.
The smell is rank,
Like an old, dirty fish tank.
Blankty, Blank, your breath stank!

No comments:

Post a Comment